I was watching a christmas romantic movie as I always do come October and a line in the movie made me pause. “You can’t chase happiness, you have to find it where you are.” One of the main characters said. Isn’t that a line everyone should hear? Our main goal in life as human beings is to be happy. Yet we are never really happy because we are always chasing something better. But what we don’t realize is that happiness comes from within. The things we wish for isn’t what really makes us happy. It’s our outlook on what we have.
Here’s a few things you can do to achieve happiness now:
- Be grateful. You can’t attract what you want if you are busy hating your life. You have to be grateful for the things you do enjoy about your life. There is always something in your life that you love. Focus on that one thing and the good energy you are emitting from this wonderful thing in your life will start tp trickle to other areas in your life.
- Don’t hate, appreciate. Appreciate the good and the bad that enters your life as they are both significant to your growth. The bad that enter your life is a great way for you to fine tune what it is you really want in life. For example, I was married for a while, he marriage was terrible and i was miserable for a very long time but what I learned from being married to this person is worth so much. I learned how to love myself and respect me. I learned about what I really wanted in a partener which is totally different then what I thought I wanted. Contrast is needed for all of us because we usually have an idea of what we think we want, but rarely is it accurate.
- Don’t hate, congratulate -what do you do when you see happy people? re you happy for them or are you hating? When you are hating on those you admire, you repel those things.
- Breathe – We dont walking around reminding ourselves to breathe do we? No and this is because it is something that happens instantaneously. But are we really taking full breaths? Three years ago I made it my business to breathe because I noticed my days were just going by and they were duplicated. Different day but same thing happening every.single.day. When I started to take time out to breathe, it brought be back to the present moment.
- Enjoy – Life is supposed to be fun. Enjoy everyday as if you were on vacation exploring. Exploring is fun because you get to see the world with a wandering eye, which allows you to see the lovely things we ignore on a daily basis.